Image : LawGeex
– What is the context? We are seeing disruption across multiple industries by increasingly sophisticated uses of Artificial Intelligence. The field of law is no exception!
– What is the study about? 20 top US corporate lawyers with decades of experience in corporate law and contract review competed against an artificial intelligence program (LawGeex AI). Their task was to spot issues in five Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
– What are study results? LawGeex AI achieved an average 94% accuracy rate, higher than the lawyers who achieved an average rate of 85%. It took the lawyers an average of 92 minutes to complete the NDA issue spotting, compared to 26 seconds for the LawGeex AI
– So what? In the near future, AI has the potential to deal efficiently with high-volume and low-risk contracts, which will help clients get better pricing and allow lawyers to focus on more complex projects.
– Want to learn more? The original study by LawGeex